Over time, a couple that has been married or dating for a long time may be over the idea of going out. This may be because they went out a lot in the past so they’ve been virtually everywhere in their city or the kids were born and dates were placed on the back-burner and eventually became not as interesting. It may even be that your finances aren’t great or you’re trying to save some money.
If you’re like me, however, you’re just a homebody and if you have a partner that is like that, you know you don’t have to go out to have fun. Sometimes, all you need is your spouse’s company and everything will be great.
So this weekend, instead of going out or taking care of the kids, send them over to a baby sitter and consider a few of these stay at home date ideas.
- Watch a sports game: it may sound boring if one of you isn’t interested in sports but it can actually be a learning experience for the other. A lot of questions may be asked but a relationship is about give and take. Knowledge is certain one thing that can be transferred using this as a date idea.
- Play Twister: one of the most popular games in the world. This is a party favorite which is extremely fun when played by two people. Any more than two and it becomes too hard and less fun.
- Drinking games: a fun way to get drunk or tispy with each other. Competition is always fun. Here are a few that are tailored for two persons.
- Watch each other’s liked videos on YouTube: While you massage your partner, pull up your liked videos playlist and give him/her a peek into what you like to watch online.
- Break a record: check out the Guinness World Records and try to find a few interesting world records you may be capable of eclipsing. Check them out here.
- Give each other massages: and I don’t mean the naughty type that is just to literally just foreplay. Look up some videos on YouTube about how to give a proper massage, and treat each other.
- Write a song or poem together: It doesn’t have to be a love song, just test your creativity and ability to work together. Who knows, you may stumble upon a hit record!
These were just a few ideas that couples can use to enjoy a night together. Of course, there are many other activities that can be done and you can actually create your own.
If you would like for me to create a part two with some more ideas, please let me know. I enjoyed writing this post.